Looking for a tasty warm meal that’s both gluten-free and dairy free? By the time you read this whole post, you’ll be ready for some delicious and easy one pot gluten-free Italian soup.
Of course, you can use your own broth and dice some tomatoes, but sometimes this is about quick and easy.
Should you decide to purchase prepared broth and diced tomatoes, I accepted the challenge to make some small changes that would encourage you to take daily steps toward living a more conscious, renewable lifestyle.
- When grocery shopping, choose food and beverage products with renewable packaging, like cartons instead of cans. My usual grocery store doesn’t have this option for all products, but I’ve definitely noticed a shift and I hope it continues.
- Take a shorter shower or turn the water down while washing to save water.
- There isn’t really an option to walk anywhere close to our house, but I’ve been parking further away at our YMCA and walking instead of driving around and around the parking lot to find a parking spot.
- We don’t use paper or disposable cups at home, but I’m making an effort to bring a cup to places that use disposables.
I would definitely recommend the challenge for you…at least to give it a try. I think the easiest one is to use less water during the shower and brushing your teeth and washing dishes. It can conserve so much water!
Now it’s time for some Gluten-Free Italian soup with an adjusted recipe from emeals (check them out for meal ideas and grocery lists including several different dietary need meal options…you can even do a free trial).
It’s super easy, can be done in one pot and tastes delicious. Plus, we almost always have leftovers.
If you want to make your zucchini and carrot dicing even faster, use a pro-vegetable chopper like this one.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 packages diced tomatoes
- 2 32oz cartons beef broth
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- Brown the ground beef with garlic powder
- Add in diced tomatoes, beef broth, carrots. zucchini, and 1T Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add in 4-6oz of pasta.
- Allow to simmer until pasta is al dente.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 644mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g