As a part of the eMeals blogging team, I receive recipes like this Gluten Free Slow Cooker Ham, Kale and Navy Bean Stew Served Over Homey Cheese Grits to share with you in exchange for me posting.
Right now, we are using the gluten free meal plan that isn’t store specific. This meal would actually work on that menu as well, although this time, it’s featured on the slow cooker eMeals meal plan which is priced but not store specific. It can feed a family of 6, and generally costs around $120 per week (or less). That averages out to only $2.86/person per meal! There is also a “For Two People” plan available.
All of the recipes utilize mainstream ingredients, all available at your local grocery store, and appeal to a broad range of tastes and preferences. Yes, my kids eat it!
Gluten Free CrockPot Ham, Kale and Navy Bean Stew Served Over Homey Cheese Grits
- 6 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb potato peeled and cubed
- 2 15-oz cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16-oz package chopped kale (or collard greens)
- 1 28-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 16-oz package fully cooked cubed ham
- 1 32-oz carton chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 8-oz package shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine carrots, onion and potato in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with beans, kale, tomatoes and ham; pour in broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook grits according to package directions; stir in cheese and butter until blended and smooth. Serve stew over grits.
This delicious Ham, Kale and Navy Bean Stew is served over homey Cheese Grits, and appears on this week’s Slow-Cooker Classic Meal Plan. Not only is it good the first time, but if there are leftovers, they will likely be quickly devoured (or you could freeze the leftovers for later). Find out more about the convenience of year-round slow-cooker cooking.