Did you know your complete water park family vacation at America’s biggest waterpark is even closer than you thought? Great Wolf Lodge just announced their new location in Georgia will open May 31, 2018. Located just about an hour outside of Atlanta in La Grange, Great Wolf Lodge Georgia is now taking reservations!
The hotel and resort facilities are well on their well with exciting things coming. If you make your reservations by Jan. 31, 2018 and get 30 percent off your stay by using the code “Grand.” Check out our visits to other Great Wolf Lodge locations.
Water Activities at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia
There’s a lot of hush hush around everything at the newest Great Wolf Lodge location. They told on a recent hard hat tour that there will be two brand new slides, and they just released more1
Two New Slides
The two new slides are not only new to Great Wolf Resorts, they are one-of-a-kind slides developed for Great Wolf Lodge Georgia by noted slide manufacture ProSlide.
The two new slides are:
Triple Thunder: This group raft ride combines two of most thrilling water park attractions available into one pulse-pounding slide. The ride starts by plummeting guests down a steep drop and into a funnel, where they will experience sensations of weightlessness as the raft sloshes up-and-down the funnel walls. Upon exiting the funnel, the raft swooshes towards two saucers. The saucers provide additional excitement as guests hurl at maximum speeds along the bank of the saucer, swirl 180-degrees and exit through a narrow passageway – all in the dark. A few extra twist and turns await after the saucers before riders finally plunge into a catch pool at the bottom of the slide.
Rapid Racer: This two-person tube racing slide features plenty of thrills with drops, chutes and serpentine curves. As riders emerge from the exhilarating 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves, they enter a section with open racing lanes where they can see and hear their competition on the other side of a low separator wall. The slide features three rally points where guests can see their competition as both careen down this incredibly fun water attraction.
Their family tube rides are a big hit, too and you can see just how big they are!
This new Georgia resort will also have a lazy river making up a small portion of the nearly 100,000 square foot indoor water park. Other things that we will get to see include:
- Fort Mackenzie: Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers: Two three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail: Step into the launch pod and prepare as the floor drops out from underneath guest’s feet, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop
- Otter Run: A family friendly body slide and a sure-fire favorite, Otter Run is perfectly sized for small and tall alike!
- Slap Tail Pond: Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove: Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and floating obstacles.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek: Winding lazy river.
- Cub Paw Pool: Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features, kiddie slides and spray-and-play adventures.
- Whooping Hollow: This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides for young pups. Gentle slopes and tiny dips and turns make these the go-to attractions for the “under 52 inches” set.
There will also be a massive outdoor resort pool with water attractions and an exclusive, adult-only oasis near the outdoor pool with a private hot tub!
Land Activities At Great Wolf Lodge Georgia
Rest assured, there are more thrills to be found beyond the water. After all, there is nearly 500,000 square feet of entertainment space and lodging to enjoy. I can’t wait to see the 40,000 square foot Great Wolf Adventure Park all finished up. (You can even visit here for the day without staying at Great Wolf Lodge) which include Howlers Peak Ropes Course. You will also find Howl in One Miniature Golf Course, Ten Paw Alley family bowling, Northern Lights Arcade, and Rustic Ridge, a climbing rock wall.
Not to be forgotten are Great Wolf Lodge favorites, MaqiQuest a live-action adventure game and Scoops Kids Spa where you will find ice-cream themed manicures and pedicures. Our girls had a great time at Scooops on a recent visit. Your kids will also not wan too miss Yoga Trails, crafts, interactive science experiments and nightly story time.
There will be 457 guest suites made up of eight suite types with standard rooms starting at $199.99. What I love about their suites is that they fit 6 people. So our family can all stay in one suite together without having to get a bigger room. They also have suites that sleep up to 13 with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The camping look is carried through into the rooms with outdoor scenery and appearance. They are always paying attention to detail at Great Wolf Lodge.
Food and Beverage
There will be several restaurants including Barnwood, a farm to table restaurant, Hungry as a Wolf, serving handcrafted pizzas and pastas and a new Food Hall. This Food Hall is a new concept for the brand which will offer multiple-types of prepackaged as well as ready-to-eat items to appeal to all eaters with Campfire Kitchen, and a Tex-Mex concept taco bus. Their kitchens are all also peanut and tree nut free. And allergy concerns are always addressed with the chef coming out and talking to the individual.
I’m hoping to head back in a few months to see more of the progress and I can’t wait to see it in all of it’s glory and take the kids! We all have a great time at Great Wolf Lodge…and we all sleep really well, too!