Did you know your complete water park family vacation at America’s biggest waterpark is even closer than you thought? Great Wolf Lodge’s newest location in Georgia is now open. Located just about an hour outside of Atlanta in La Grange, Great Wolf Lodge Georgia is now taking reservations! The hotel and resort facilities have so many exciting things unique to the Georgia location. Check out our visits to other Great Wolf Lodge locations.
Water Activities at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia
Great Wolf Lodge’s indoor waterpark is definitely the front and center attraction and why so many families will come.
Two New Slides
The two new slides are not only new to Great Wolf Resorts, they are one-of-a-kind slides developed for Great Wolf Lodge Georgia by noted slide manufacture ProSlide.
The two new slides are:
Triple Thunder: This group raft ride combines two of most thrilling water park attractions available into one pulse-pounding slide. The ride starts by plummeting guests down a steep drop and into a funnel, where they will experience sensations of weightlessness as the raft sloshes up-and-down the funnel walls. Upon exiting the funnel, the raft swooshes towards two saucers. The saucers provide additional excitement as guests hurl at maximum speeds along the bank of the saucer, swirl 180-degrees and exit through a narrow passageway – all in the dark. A few extra twist and turns await after the saucers before riders finally plunge into a catch pool at the bottom of the slide.
Rapid Racer: This two-person tube racing slide features plenty of thrills with drops, chutes and serpentine curves. As riders emerge from the exhilarating 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves, they enter a section with open racing lanes where they can see and hear their competition on the other side of a low separator wall.
The slide features three rally points where guests can see their competition as both careen down this incredibly fun water attraction.
Their family tube rides are a big hit, too and you can see just how big they are (this picture is from the hard hat tour last year!) As you can see the park has come a long way!
This new Georgia resort will also have a lazy river making up a small portion of the nearly 100,000 square foot indoor water park. Other things that we will get to see include:
- Fort Mackenzie: Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers: Two three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail: Step into the launch pod and prepare as the floor drops out from underneath guest’s feet, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop
- Otter Run: A family friendly body slide and a sure-fire favorite, Otter Run is perfectly sized for small and tall alike!
- Slap Tail Pond: Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove: Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and floating obstacles.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek: Winding lazy river.
- Cub Paw Pool: Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features, kiddie slides and spray-and-play adventures.
- Whooping Hollow: This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides for young pups. Gentle slopes and tiny dips and turns make these the go-to attractions for the “under 52 inches” set.
- Cabanas: Private cabanas are available for rent, which include a safe, mini-fridge, and the option of food and beverage service.
- River Canyon Run: Twist and dip over this slide’s curves and bends with your whole pack on this family raft ride.
Outdoor Waterpark Activities
There will also be a massive outdoor resort pool with water attractions and an exclusive, adult-only oasis near the outdoor pool with a private hot tub!
Northwoods Springs: An oasis in the water park that’s just for adults, 21 and older
Raccoon Lagoon®: An outdoor pool for families
Land Activities At Great Wolf Lodge Georgia
Rest assured, there are more thrills to be found beyond the water. After all, there is nearly 500,000 square feet of entertainment space and lodging to enjoy. I can’t wait to see the 40,000 square foot Great Wolf Adventure Park all finished up. (You can even visit here for the day without staying at Great Wolf Lodge) which include Howlers Peak Ropes Course.
You will also find Howl in One Miniature Golf Course, Ten Paw Alley family bowling, Northern Lights Arcade, and Rustic Ridge, a climbing rock wall.
Not to be forgotten are Great Wolf Lodge favorites, MaqiQuest a live-action adventure game and Scoops Kids Spa where you will find ice-cream themed manicures and pedicures.
Our girls had a great time at Scooops on a recent visit. Your kids will also not wan too miss Yoga Trails, crafts, interactive science experiments and nightly story time.
A new amenity to Great Wolf Lodge, H.O.W.L. (Habitat of the Wild Learning), will provide a parents-free, supervised kid club so parents can enjoy the adult only areas knowing their children are safe in the evenings. The club will provide fun, educational activities for families during the day.
The space will give guests the feeling of being in the Northwoods forest with a Great Wolf Kids cabin. This cabin serves as both a backdrop for a multidimensional stage and a play space that houses an assortment of interactive activities. During the day, families can visit and participate in complimentary activities like craft-making, sketching, coloring, games and more.
But, in the evening, the space will offer structured, parent-free secure programming specifically designed for children ages 4-12. Many of the same types of activities will take place as well as family movies. To start, the secured programming will only be available during a four-hour time period in the evening with two designated drop off times — one that includes dinner and one without. This secured programing will include a nominal fee.
Camp H.O.W.L. will offer three unique program themes for the evening supervised events. The themed programs will rotate throughout the week and include “The Great Outdoors, Indoors” where kids will learn the basic essentials of camping, “All Living Things: Exploring Animals A-Z” where children will explore all things animals, and “Bugs, Bark and Blooms, Oh My!,” which will dive into nature, insects and more.
Great Wolf Lodge Georgia is also going to have a number of grown-up activities at the resort.
In fact, they are debuting at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia Northwoods Springs, an adults-only oasis adjacent to the outdoor pool offering a respite for parents. Featuring a private hot tub and relaxing lounge chairs, Northwoods Springs will be exclusive to guests 21 and over.
Parents and adults will be able to enjoy Barnwood, an upscale dining concept. The menu is sourced from ingredients found within a 100-mile radius of the resort ensuring freshness and an ever-changing array of dishes based on seasonality.
Parents can find craft cocktails in the water park or relax by the fireplace in the Grand Lobby.
Wine Down Service
Adults can choose from a curated selection of food and wine pairing options and have it delivered straight to their hotel room and have a little date night in. If parents are waiting until after the kids go to sleep, no worries, the resort will alert guests with a text message when the treats arrive as to not wake the sleeping wolf pups.
There will be 457 guest suites made up of eight suite types with standard rooms starting at $199.99. What I love about their suites is that they fit 6 people. So our family can all stay in one suite together without having to get a bigger room. They also have suites that sleep up to 13 with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The camping look is carried through into the rooms with outdoor scenery and appearance. They are always paying attention to detail at Great Wolf Lodge.
There are actually 8 different room types available at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia:
- Family Suite (sleeps up to 6)
- Deluxe Queen Sweet (sleeps up to 5)
- Wolf Den Suite (sleeps up to 6)
- Grizzly Bear Suite (sleeps up to 8)
- KidCabin Suite (sleeps up to 7)
- Deluxe Wolf Den (sleeps up to 12)
- Deluxe KidCabin Suite (sleeps up to 13)
- Deluxe KidCabin Queen Suite (sleeps up to 12)
Food and Beverage
There will be several restaurants including Barnwood, a farm to table restaurant, Hungry as a Wolf, serving handcrafted pizzas and pastas and a new Food Hall. This Food Hall is a new concept for the brand which will offer multiple-types of prepackaged as well as ready-to-eat items to appeal to all eaters with Campfire Kitchen, and a Tex-Mex concept taco bus.
Their kitchens are all also peanut and tree nut free. And allergy concerns are always addressed with the chef coming out and talking to the individual. I’m so thankful they offer this and take things seriously. They serve most things already gluten free which means I can enjoy some chicken nuggets!
I’m hoping to head back in a few months and take in Great Wolf Lodge Georgia to see it in all of it’s glory and sure, maybe I’ll take the kids! We all have a great time at Great Wolf Lodge…and we all sleep really well, too!