The Lion King has been one of my favorite movies since the cartoon version in originally came out. Maybe it’s nostalgia, but likely it’s because it’s really good. And now Disney has gone and created a live action version! Then, I got to thinking about the movie and how we would celebrate being able to watch The Lion King live action movie at home…. and I decided on Simba’s Sunrise Punch.
I decided on a fun punch I called “Simba’s Sunrise Punch” complete with Rafiki’s stick! There is such an emphasis on the sun and the circle of life that I found it to be fitting.
We used grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice, club soda and a fancy toothpick with a cherry and grape to make Rafiki’s stick.
We just sort of poured and layered until we thought it would taste good. And, it sure did.
If there are grown ups, I’m sure you can figure out a splash of something to make this an adult punch that the over 21 crowd would also enjoy.
About The Lion King
In “The Lion King,” pioneering filmmaking techniques bring treasured characters to life in a whole new way. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his. The all-star cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon.
Bonus features include*:
Perfecting the Pride–Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.”From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
Pride Lands Pedia — Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land its inhabitants.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
The Journey to “The Lion King”-
- The Music-Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic-Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale-Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life”–Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”–See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata”–Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- “Never Too Late”(lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit”performed by BeyoncéKnowles-Carter
Audio Commentary– By Director Jon Favreau.
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
Protect the Pride–Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Make some punch, and enjoy a night of watching The Lion King!
- orange juice
- pineapple juice
- club soda
- fancy toothpick
- layer liquids in order into cup according to taste
- top with toothpick with cherry and grape
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.